31 Aug 2023
Do you want to assess the value of your functional ingredient?
Are you considering conducting a clinical trial on your food product?
Do you need to document a health effect to obtain a claim?
INAF is the perfect partner to enhance the value of your innovative functional ingredients and demonstrate their efficacy in humans.
A comprehensive and tailored
We offer a comprehensive and tailored solution to acquire scientific evidence supporting a health claim for your ingredient or functional food. This encompasses the entire process, from designing the clinical study in close collaboration with our clients and experts, to obtaining necessary ethics and regulatory approvals, and managing the entire study, including recruitment, clinical and biological follow-up, analysis, and final report writing.
Areas of expertise
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Women’s health
- Eating behaviors
- Gastrointestinal health
- Sports nutrition
- And even more
- Clinical study design (multicentre, double-blind, randomized/parallel)
- Writing the protocol of the clinical trial
- Recruitment of participants (the INAF has a database of over 2,000 volunteers)
- Clinical and biological monitoring
- Site coordination for multicentre studies
- Statistical support
- Writing of the final report and scientific articles
- Regulatory affairs
- Ethics approval (initial submission, amendments, reports)
- File application to Health Canada (Food and Natural Health Products Division)
INAF’s Clinical Investigation Unit has modern and comfortable facilities with high-tech equipment.
- Sampling room (capacity 30 people/day)
- Metabolic kitchen (capacity 25 people/day)
- Long- and short-stay rooms
- Calorimetric room
- Bone densitometry room
- Consultation rooms
- Collective consumption room
- Individual consumption rooms
- Nutritional analysis laboratory
Examples of projects being carried out
- Dairy products: effects on high blood pressure and inflammation
- Spices and herbs: effects on health of blood vessels and other cardiometabolic risk factors
- Linseed oil: impact on risk factors for heart disease
- Buttermilk: effect on blood cholesterol
- Dark chocolate: effect of consumption on hypertension
Our expertise stems from the multidisciplinary nature of our team, which comprises highly qualified professionals, including doctors, nurses, nutritionists, and research experts. With solid experience in research, our health professionals ensure that your clinical trial adheres to the most rigorous scientific standards, prioritizing the safety and well-being of the participants.Contact us !
Are you interested in nutrition?
Participate in our clinical studies!
Support our Institute
Donate to INAF
In supporting INAF, you make a difference in our commitment to improving human health through diet and contributing to the sustainable food supply.Donate
L’intelligence artificielle appliquée à la nutrition-santé : une École d’été France-Québec, à Paris.
28 Aug 2023
Nomination de Valérie Orsat au Conseil de l’INAF
03 Aug 2023